Welcome to the Scandinavica website
Scandinavica is a scholarly journal focusing on the literature and culture of all the Nordic countries.
On our website you can find details of recent issues, including the full text of some articles and all reviews, as well as information about how to subscribe, how to submit an article for publication, and how to contact us. Brief biographical sketches of some of our recent contributors are also available.
Articles from our latest issue
- Paris from a Window: Impressionism in Helena Westermarck's Short Story 'Aftonstämning' (1890)
- Danish Modern: Designing the Humanly Useful
- Initiating a European Turn in Swedish Crime Fiction: Negotiation of European and National Identities in Mankell's The Troubled Man
- Inside INNI: Texture, Tactility and Embodied Spectatorship
Scandinavica concentrates on the culture and literature of:
- The Faroe Islands
Find out more
- Past Issues
- About Scandinavica
- Contact Details
- Subscription Details
- Submission Guidelines for Authors